Disapproval reasons: [Display URL] Inaccurate Keyword URL. Are you familiar with that? In this post we are going to explain how to sort it out. Let's dig in!
The "Inaccurate Keyword URL" disapproval reason appears when the root domain in the Display URL differs from the one in the Keyword Destination URL (see the example below).
- Display URL (Ad level): www.examle.com/...
- Destination URL (Keyword level): www.example/...
This typo represents a violation of Google AdWords Policy so, all our keywords associated with the above mentioned ad will be disapproved.
In order to get rid of this problem, we have to follow 5 easy steps (it is advisable to use AdWords Editor):
1) Fix the Display URL (from www.examle.com to www.example.com);
2) Delete the Destination URL from all our disapproved Keywords;
3) Post the Changes;
4) Insert the Destination URL in all our disapproved Keywords;
5) Post the Changes.
With the steps 1-3 we will get rid of the disapproval message.
With the step 4-5 we will urge Google to review again our recently disapproved keywords.
That's all folks! Just remember: "In their haste, they don't double-check everything. You need to do that." Jesse Weller.